Monday, April 9, 2012

Apple Pie Cookies

[Photographed by MAT]
 I spent the day in the kitchen baking these, they turned out absolutely delicious. There is something to be said about spending all day working on something and have the results be magnificent. I do not get that feeling enough from school, not as much as a I should. It was lovely to spend my day, yes these did take all day, doing something that I loved. 

Baking is something that I have found more enjoyable as the years have passed by. I get more comfortable with the instruments in my hands and when reading the recipe, it does not seem as daunting as it once did. This task that I once found stressful has now become something I thoroughly enjoy. Spending my weekdays at school, working hard on homework assignments, it's hard to fit in time to do what I love. Thankfully, today we were given the day off. A day to breath and relax, to sleep in past 8 o'clock and be who we truly are. Do what we would like for a day that would typically be spent going from class to class, counting down the minutes until the school day is over.  Days off are not as appreciated as I think they should be. But today, I lived every moment of the time that I was given. 

I baked without pressure, with only hope that my hard work would pay off today. Enjoyment rushed through me the second I took the first bite. These morsels will melt in your mouth and the hard work that they require will be incredibly worth it once you have them to enjoy. I wish I would have doubled the recipe so I could enjoy them for twice as long. I loved the way that I was able to spend my day baking, running errands in between time that the dough needed to chill and photographing everything along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment